“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
The Enterprise Platforms Loyalty & Benefits organization is looking for a talented Associate Product Manager I with strong technical acumen to support platform transformation, platform health, and systems availability.
You'll be working in an Agile software development environment with other Product Owners and Engineering teams to prioritize the backlog, develop user stories, and collaborate across stakeholders to deliver on loyalty initiatives. You will lead a scrum team that is focused on designing, building, and implementing our next generation promotional platform. Additionally, you will be responsible for interfacing directly with business partners and operational support teams to understand and resolve any issues as they occur. Using an understanding of core concepts relating to mainframe, distributed systems, network infrastructure, and systems availably, you will work with application engineers and architects to prioritize and delivery. While you will not be responsible for the tactical implementation, a core understanding of enterprise technology concepts and agile design methodologies will be highly beneficial while directing your scrum teams on the work to be prioritized.
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence where product, engineering and delivery resources have been organizationally brought together to improve speed to market and further unlock value across core capabilities. Loyalty & Benefits Platform serves a broad set of products and solutions across the enterprise that require close
collaboration with colleagues who develop new card products, digital channels, marketing operations, membership rewards, co-brand programs, card benefits, insurance, analytics, operations excellence and servicing. We focus on powering both new product offerings as well as existing ones to build highly configurable core capabilities as it relates to account attributes, customer enrolment, offer & program set-up, qualification, tracking, redemption, fulfillment, channel & partner integrations of various Loyalty & Benefits products for our customers. Aligning to AXP’s framework for winning, we will create the world’s best loyalty & benefit experiences for our customers with a team of passionately productive software product, engineering and delivery talent using agile practices to build highly available, nimble, extensible & modern applications collaborating across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and operations team, creating and maintaining a feature backlog of infrastructure enhancements and production fixes
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand impacting events and coordinate with operations teams to restore service while minimizing harm
- Participate in envisioning sessions to understand platform growth, formulating and delivering solutions to ensure platform scalability to meet volume targets
- Communicate system interruptions and maintain relationships with external teams during periods of system outages
- Translate business requirements into units of work to be accomplished by operations and development teams
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage several discrete streams of work simultaneously
- A desire to continuously learn about internal systems and new technologies to be able to understand and suggest enhancement to current and planned system expansion
- End to end problem solving skills, being able to understand a business issue and drive a resolution through various technical efforts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, being able to communicate at a technical or summary level depending on target audience
- An ability to facilitate meetings with internal and external stakeholders with peer, architects, business stakeholders, and engineers
- Excellent digital collaboration skills, being able to work across multiple geographic regions and time zones using various internet-based tools
- Familiarity with agile and scrum development methodologies
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: mainframe systems, distributed systems, network routing and architecture, high availability engineering, in memory databases, software development lifecycle
- An established technical background with an interest in product development, or a product focused professional with a desire to increase technical understanding is preferred
- Knowledge of financial services or credit card processing is desirable
- Experience working with or leading Devops teams highly desirable
- Experience managing product support issues highly desirable
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field, or equivalent work experience in a software of financial industry
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021, 3:53:54 PM