About American Express
American Express is a global financial services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Working With Us
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
How we serve our customers is constantly evolving and is a challenge we gladly accept. Whether you’re finding new ways to prevent identity fraud or enabling customers to start a new business, as part of our Credit & Fraud Risk team within our overall Risk & Analytics talent segment, you’ll work with one of the most valuable data sets in the world to identify insights and actions that can have a meaningful impact on our customers and our business. And, with opportunities to learn from leaders who have defined the course of our industry, you’ll be able to grow your career and define your own path.
Find your place in risk and analytics on #TeamAmex.
The Credit and Fraud Risk Team is looking for a Vice President of Decision Science to lead and develop a diverse team of high-performing risk professionals to build and validate predictive models to enable better credit and fraud decisions.
- Developing and managing machine learning models for fraud detection and credit risk management
- Planning and delivering of high performing models, meeting agreed deadlines and ensuring accurate, efficient implementation of models in production systems
- Performing annual reviews, performance monitoring reviews, retrains and remediation activity on models as required
- Ensuring all deliveries conform to AXP’s Model Risk Governance Framework and regulatory requirements and producing robust, clear documentation
- Learning machine and industry developments, conducting research and development to incorporate best in class modelling methodologies and share with the team
- Excellent analytical skills helping to develop and implement predictive machine learning models on large data sets in Hadoop environments using tools such as Hive, Python, and SQL
- Strong people leader and team player with a demonstrated ability to develop team members and create highly effective and results-driven culture
- Strong relationship management and proven track record of positively collaborating and partnering with stakeholders
- Ten or more years of experience in credit, fraud or compliance risk management practices in a Financial Services company
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 24, 2021, 12:59:10 PM