“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
From building next-generation applications and microservices in modern tech stacks to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you will be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. As a part of our tech team, we will work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on.
As a Front-End Engineer, you will be part of a scrum team building core features of the assisted servicing platform deployed in a private Kubernetes-based cloud.
The ideal candidate:
- Worked in an agile delivery team and is familiar with the processes and ceremonies.
- Has a drive to learn industry leading/innovative technologies and solutions.
- Is open to innovation and experimentation, engage in fun and outcome-oriented culture, and is always ready to try new concepts without fear of failure.
- Is team-oriented, and a core contributor, enabling the team to be more effective and productive.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Get clarity of problem statements from designers and product managers, break projects into substantial tasks.
- Implementing user stories leveraging modern frontend tooling (ES6/HTML5/CSS3 etc.).
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Contribute to the deployment, support and monitoring of software across test, integration and production environments.
- Collaborate with peer technology and development teams across different locations.
- Document technical solutions.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
5+ years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- 4+ years of HTML5, CSS, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- Hands on experience with CSS preprocessors such as Saas , Less or equivalent .
- Hands on experience with RESTful Services and APIs.
- Thorough understanding of Responsive and Mobile design and Cross Browser development.
- Thorough understanding of version control systems preferably Git.
- Strong Experience working with React , Redux.
- Strong Experience working with RESTful services and APIs.
Please note, Salary increases in case of a lateral move are provided only on an exception basis and in line with compensation guidelines.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2021, 7:44:46 PM