“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
You won’t just keep up; you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. You’ll be challenged everyday as our product organization works to meet the customers of tomorrow
As part of Enterprise Platforms Salesforce organization, here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
The Product Manager serves as a key member of the Enterprise Platform Salesforce product management team and will be responsible for all aspects of the end-to-end product lifecycle for features or products in whole. The Product Manager will be responsible for innovating on behalf of our customers and creating product experiences that engage our Cardmembers and competitively differentiate American Express’ digital experiences. The Product Manager will collaborate with business leaders and partners to support and help shape a compelling product strategy and roadmap, and drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment. The Product Manager has responsibility for decision making and prioritization for their products, working with marketing, design, engineering, and servicing leaders to convert the product vision and strategy into a well-managed product roadmap with an iterative release cycle with the customer in mind. The Product Manager will participate actively in all phases of the process along with cross-functional teams.
- Interacting with customers to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems;
- Works with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority;
- Identifying opportunities and providing input on product strategy, roadmap, and features, including external benchmarking and keeping a pulse on digital trends and customer preferences;
- Drives the product functional design and UX design process based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology;
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria;
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for his or her products, balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders;
- Coordinates communication, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the Product Backlog;
- Defining and executing the deployment plan, working to insure that marketing and sales have what they need to be successful;
- Enabling analytics-driven decision making to evolve products and usage and own the CX-related metrics, e.g., number of users, traffic volume;
- Creates ROI analyses and optimization recommendations
- Develops appropriate tracking and reporting to track product performance post-launch in order to evaluate future investment
- Establishing the product’s goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success; and
- Continually improving products post-launch, prioritizing bugs and feature requests based on customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for delivering value through AI-Based solutions and understand pros and cons of using AI
- Uses data-driven storytelling to communicate business value
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
A successful candidate will have:
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment;
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability; and
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management and/or Product Development.
- MBA or related field recommended, with a BA/BS preferably in CS or technical field.
What is it about you?
- You hold yourself accountable.
- You make decisions with imperfect information.
- You solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach.
- You’re methodical in how you recover from mistakes and crises.
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure.
- You’re excellent at understanding competing priorities.
- You can build trust with and inspire your team.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 11:10:32 AM