You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
About Information Delivery Network (IDN):
Information Delivery Network as an organization provides Solution Engineering, Integrations, Testing and 24x7 Production Support Operations for mainframe capabilities. The Engineers in IDN design resilient, highly available, scalable solutions to support the delivery teams.
- Perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments
- Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Function as a leader on an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Drive both high level and detailed design and conduct design reviews
- Advise on preventive maintenance activities to ensure platform stability
- Help define development principles, goals, and strategy within area of responsibility.
- Communicate regarding strategy direction and changes.
- Mentor engineers to ensure technology complexities are understood very clearly to implement high quality solutions
Range of Impact/Influence:
- Leads and mentor teams of engineers through ongoing development efforts
- Ensure Engineers adhere to team standards
- Ensure Engineering team delivers a quality product that meets the customers’ needs
- 4 or more years of strong hands-on mainframe development experience
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions with high resiliency, availability, and reliability.
- Strong experience in building highly efficient performant applications
- Strong written, verbal communications, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong teamwork skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2021, 6:52:54 PM