“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
We’re looking for an experienced Java Backend Engineer to join a top talent team working on a fast-evolving communication platform that is serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Someone who is passionate about shaping the future of commerce, servicing and marketing; Someone who is obsessive about good design and great code; Someone who can find elegant solutions to hard technical and functional challenges and can work well within and across teams with other bright minds such as himself.
- Serve as a member of an agile development team that drives user story analysis and elaboration
- Designs and develops software solutions
- Foster the spirit of collaboration across multiple internal teams
- Participate in code reviews, ad-hoc pair programming; contribute to iterative improvement of tools, automation and practices used by team
- 3+ years of exerience with Java backend (J2EE)
- 1+ Years Reactive Programing (asynchronous programming paradigm) ideally with Vertx and RxJava
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience
- REST API design and implementation
- SOA, Micro-Services, Containers
- Stream processing/Queue - Solace, Kafka
- Databases - Couchbase (Or a different Document DB/ NoSQL), PostgreSQL
- Tools - Git, Jenkins, IntelliJ IDEA, Jira, Confluence
- Familiarity with security principles, SSL, Cryptography
- Experience building and supporting distributed highly available systems
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- High energy and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Interest in new technologies and tools, industry best practices
- Passion for shipping quality software fast and frequently
- Attention to detail
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 3:42:43 PM