You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The American Express Operational Excellence team is part of the CFR-wide (Credit & Fraud Risk) first line of defense with respect to operational risk. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing strategies to maintain an effective and efficient control environment and manage key areas within the operational risk framework. Key components include responding to operational breakdowns with high level of urgency and discipline and collaborating with colleagues across CFR, Compliance, Legal, and Operational Risk. The selected candidate will be assigned tasks that are of low to medium complexity.
- Performing root cause analysis to identify control gaps and recommend appropriate corrective course of action
- Driving and performing process and data-driven analytics to identify opportunities to enhance processes, controls, ongoing monitoring and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Ensuring effective controls, ongoing monitoring and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) tied to risk data and processes are implemented, monitored, and addressed timely
- Thorough end-to-end periodic execution of Process Risk Self Assessments (PRSAs) to ensure control effectiveness and identify process gaps
- Actively monitoring trends of operational risk events and reporting to leadership
- Generating new business ideas on mitigating operational risk by bringing in ‘out of the box’ thinking and converting those business ideas into execution-oriented solutions
- Managing multiple Operational Risk Events (OREs) and Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) with fixed deadlines along with other priorities in order to ensure that key milestones are met
- Executing risk remediation for U.S. Bank CAPs which includes partnering with several stakeholders and driving effective risk remediation
Purpose of the Role:
Evaluating controls / key risk indicators (KRIs), partnering with CFR colleagues in developing and implementing enhanced controls and expanding the KRI universe effectively will be a key focus areas for this role. The ideal candidate will also focus on improving process efficiency and streamlining the existing Operational Risk processes through automation.
The role will also support the management of Credit and Fraud Risk Corrective Action Plans.
To be successful in this role, the incumbent will need a high level of self-drive and the ability to drive projects both analytical and technical in nature. Additional responsibilities include managing risk strategy remediation of CAPs impacting U.S. Bank customers.
• Direct credit risk experience or knowledge of credit risk processes and systems strongly preferred
• Advanced degree in computer programming, data science, engineering, or a related quantitative field of study is required
• Hands-on experience in any of the following programming languages: SAS/SQL, HIVE, PySpark
• Exposure to reporting tools like Tableau is a plus
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 13, 2021, 8:55:35 AM