You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
B30 Analyst/Senior Analyst - EDA and Labs Operational Excellence
Analyst / Senior Analyst - Risk Management, EDA
EDA and Labs Operational Excellence (OE) team are embedded in the first line alongside our partners and colleagues in both EDA and Amex Digital Labs (Labs) and enable profitable business growth and exceptional customer experiences across American Express through driving excellence, speed and agility across EDA products, platforms, processes and capabilities.
Through the design and implementation of an effective framework, the EDA and Labs OE Team ensure the EDA and Labs organizations are fulfilling on all our obligations to customers and have a robust control environment that ensures we are operating in compliance with changing global regulations.
The Analyst/Senior Analyst – EDA and Labs Operational Excellence will become part of a high performing team, delivering on the EDA and Labs OE vision and objectives. Under the Senior Manager - EDA and Labs Operational Excellence, this role will be responsible for establishing and enhancing governance and robust process controls across enterprise New Product Approvals, product and platform development. Equally important will be the ongoing rationalization of current controls, on-going support of existing processes (including PRSAs), issue management, complaints management, third party life cycle management (TLM) and extensive product and process reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
The Analyst/Senior Analyst, EDA and Labs Operational Excellence will be responsible for:
- Supporting in establishing and identifying opportunities to enhance governance and robust process controls across enterprise data, product and platform development.
- Managing products and partnerships to design preventative, predictive, and automated controls.
- Ensuring risks and issues are managed promptly and effectively, with appropriate escalation, root causes identified, and prevention plans to evidence ongoing risk mitigation and reduction.
- Enabling change, with appropriate engagement of relevant stakeholders, leveraging appropriate KRIs and KPIs for risk intelligent discussions.
- Managing the integration of effective controls, rigorous testing & ongoing monitoring into new capabilities, processes, partnerships and third party arrangements, to assure delivery against expectations and compliance with relevant policies and regulations.
- Ensuring risks related to Third Parties, Partners & Legal Entities are managed in line with regulatory & AXP expectations.
- Operating as a trusted partner to Business and Support groups across the American Express enterprise, supporting them in meeting their expectations and in doing so maintaining strong business focus and presence
This position will report to the Senior Manager, EDA and Labs Operational Excellence.
- Knowledge of Operational Excellence programs (Issue Management i.e. OREs/CAPs, PRSA Testing and Certification, TLM, Audit etc.) or OE tools i.e. Archer would be advantageous but not necessary;
- Ability to identify inherent risks related to a proposed activity or process;
- Highly motivated individual with an ability to drive results with minimal supervision;
- Exceptional knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools with advance PowerPoint and Excel (ability to build and provide reporting for business partners and senior leadership)
- Strong data-driven analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize independently;
- Self-motivated, business and customer focused with excellent relationship skills;
- Aptitude to operate within a policy and process drive environment and to maintain risk management / policy standards;
- Positive attitude and flexibility to deal with change in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2021, 10:24:54 AM