“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science or computer engineering
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Ability to build REST APIs which can be reused across multiple teams
- Understand how and why certain technologies are implemented
- Ability to effectively interpret and objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Ability to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Hands on development experience with Java, Spring, Redis, PostGres
- Ability to be productive in a Full-Stack manner
- Embrace change as an opportunity to learn
- Experience in a cloud environment
- Hands-on experience in automation, recovery or monitoring
- Excellent spoken and written English, clear oral communication skills
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to team
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Must be proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2021, 5:05:26 PM