The Finance Data Governance team plays an important role in ensuring that trusted information is used for critical processes, decision making, and accounting across various finance processes.
As a Finance Data Governance manager, you will be part of a growing team of data management professionals focused on providing world-class data management and data governance solutions. You will partner closely with Finance Technology transformation team, Enterprise Data Management, Controllership, Risk, and other teams to drive data governance and data quality within Finance.
The Finance Data Governance Manager is a collaborator, a well-organized, action-oriented team player with exceptional leadership and time management skills, confident in presenting, facilitating, and building a network of strong relationships across our organization.
- Finance Data Governance in compliance with AEMP 70 ensuring the appropriate accountability model and processes for data asset management, metadata management, data quality, and issue resolution.
- Produce data quality scorecards, dashboards, analytical reports, and attestation packages for all processes in scope.
- Provide insight into the root-cause-analysis of data quality issues and assist in remediation of Audit and Regulatory feedback.
- Recommending strategic improvements to data assessment process and making necessary enhancements to data analytical and data quality tools
- Continuing to support our current Regulatory Reporting needs via existing platforms working with our upstream data providers, downstream business partners, as well as technologies.
3-5 years of experience in Finance and Controllership strongly preferred
Strong relationship skills and communication is essential as this manager will partner extensively with Regulatory Reporting process owners, Finance Technology Transformation, Technologies, and Enterprise Data Governance.
Self-motivated and proactive, ability to manage multiple assignments and projects concurrently.
Strong understanding of AXP systems and controls. Experience with Regulatory Requirements is a plus.
Strong excel and other technical skills, prior experience with SQL is a plus
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Demonstrated ability to collect business requirements and use them to guide implementation of a technical solution
Prior experience in defining and implementing data governance and data quality programs is preferred
Familiarity with Agile or SAFE project methodologies
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
Location(s): New York, NY
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021, 1:07:49 PM