You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Global Risk and Compliance (GRC) works to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of control and compliance at American Express in order to successfully identify, monitor and manage risks.
Risk Analytics & Capabilities is a part of GRBC that acts as the “Second Line of Defense” in the AXP Risk Management. It provides an independent view of risks faced by AXP. The team is going to be responsible for activities pertaining to Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and also on creating the smart monitoring platform which is a real time automated risk monitoring platform.
Purpose of the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to be a part of this important evolution of the next-generation Risk Management and analytics products. These products aim to automate risk monitoring (across all risk types) and testing for Amex across processes, products, business units and risk types leveraging recent advances in data science and technology
As Product Owner, you will apply your expertise and data to understand business needs to help develop and build KPIs, KRIs and KCIs to monitor risk across functions and processes in Amex. You will define the user experience, direct one or more scrum teams and other delivery stakeholders to develop solutions. You will prioritize your backlog, gather and define user requirements, and interface with business partners in order to help Amex achieve aggressive business goals while providing innovative, best-in-class solution enhancements for our business stakeholders. You have an understanding of agile development processes and lean startup methods. You are someone with a good mix of product and tech skill, a deep appreciation for user-centered design and development, and a fascination for technology innovation. You have an aptitude for risk management techniques and affinity for data and analytics. You are not afraid of pushing boundaries to achieve the best outcomes for Amex.
• Develop and drive product roadmap and define timelines for future features and capabilities
• Understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices into product roadmap and requirements
• Build, prioritize, and sequence the feature backlog according to defined metrics including business value, return on investment, and job size
• Actively collaborate with risk managers, product managers, platform and partner scrum teams and technical engineers in delivery execution
• Identify use cases, define business processes, and craft end-to-end user flows.
• Breakdown complex business requirements into actionable product features and technology user stories
• Develop and implement Test and Learn plan to support ongoing iteration of customer experience and product feature set
• Conduct competitive assessments and develop product recommendations based on analysis
• Liaise with functions across geographies and Business Units to translate business strategies and goals into product development plans
• Support development of appropriate tracking and reporting to determine product performance
• MBA/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field preferred
• Good to have – Rally/JIRA/Confluence experience
• Good to have – Agile/Scrum methodology experience
• Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects
• Good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset
• Experience working with software developers and engineers, with a strong ability to translate product requirements succinctly and ensure technology deliverables are built with high quality. Digital product development experience preferred.
• Experience in risk management disciplines
• Respect for user experience, design, and technical systems and architecture. You easily recognize aesthetic and functional details and can make pragmatic decisions about what details are actually important.
• Working knowledge of agile and lean software development methodologies, and the importance of iteration and continuous validation
• Strong strategic thinker with the ability to prioritize tasks and drive results across various initiatives
• Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple work-streams
• Ability to analyze issues and business use cases, document analysis, and execute plans to action
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly in an environment with evolving business demands
• Agile certification is preferred
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2021, 9:16:36 AM