You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Finance is a collaborative team, playing a key role in advising all areas of the business. We have a strategic seat at the table and our unique insights are valued in a highly competitive marketplace and increasingly complex global regulatory environment.
This team collaborates globally to deliver expert accounting, reporting & advisory services, and financial risk control & governance, while supporting business growth & protecting shareholder value.
- Responsible for managing monthly accounting for various legal entities ensuring monthly journal entry (MJE) protocol to meet compliance, completeness & accuracy standards.
- Responsible for compliance with internal service level agreements (SLA), guidelines and accounting policies and regulatory requirements of the process
- End to end ownership of key enterprise financial processes like Intercompany, Investment-Equity, Card Fee Deferral, Marketing & Promotion Accounting and Fixed assets Management.
- Deploy internal accounting & external reporting implications of new & amended accounting standards
- Real Time Analysis of Legal Entity Results, identification of anomalies during close leading up to results submission to Street
- Support / participate in standardization, automation and continuous improvement initiatives as well as other business partner initiatives
- Maintain high accuracy and productivity standards
- Awareness of the AXP Legal and alternate hierarchies, accounting close governance & consolidations
- Maintain close contact with customer / business partners and other interface groups to ensure a smooth service delivery
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Ensure controls & compliance with prevailing policies & procedures such as SOX, Process Risk Self Assessment (PRSA), etc.
- Ensure that all deadlines are continually met and adequate controls are maintained over the processes to ensure integrity of the information
- Ability to work across multiple time zones
Leading accounting & reporting financial processes as per the aligned SLA’s for creation of complete & accurate financial statements
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
- Own & maintain financial/data integrity while managing end-to-end global accounting processes
- Stay relevant to the business/functional requirements
• Pro-actively develop meaningful data insights/trends to enable finance decision support to our customer’s/business partners for more effective planning & forecasting activities
• Understand & leverage intelligent automation technologies to generate use cases within the team & create opportunities to support the automation team to get that implemented
• Ensure first pass yield
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
2-5 years of past experience in financial accounting domain with knowledge of Oracle/ERP, card business model.
Strong English Language skills (both written and verbal)
Graduate / Post-Graduate in Commerce with 2-5 years of relevant experience
Strong understanding of end-to-end AR/AP process flow, accounting & reconciliation
• Basic understanding of reporting
• Ability to connect accounting & reporting
• Understanding of financial consolidation process
• Understanding of operational, SOX & other related control framework compliance
• Ability to research & embed relevant best practices
• Techno finance skills
- Awareness of US GAAP/Local GAAP/IFRS (Accounting knowledge)
• Analytical skills with the ability to undertake cause effect analysis
• Knowledge of financial systems Preferred:
• Basic understanding & appreciation of automation capabilities
• Understanding of business products
Advanced MS office suits such as Excel, Word, Power point
• Ability to use analytical tools for financial systems such as Oracle, IRIS, OBIEE, Essbase, Hyperion Financial Reporting (HFR), etc.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way:
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 5:13:56 AM