You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a TPM in American Express Cloud Solutions Engineering team you will lead teams who are responsible for architecture and patterns to enable application transformation journeys to cloud platform.
- Partner with cloud platform engineering teams to build services and applications on both private and public cloud platforms
- Should be able lead Scrum teams and drive many stakeholders like other dev teams, Amex technology teams, CI/CD and QE teams. Actively plan and deliver multiple scrum master activities.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture and Application teams to develop creative enterprise grade solutions on cloud
- Help drive the next generation hybrid cloud adoption strategy and execution
- Contribute to best-in-class developer experience on the cloud platform
- You will play a key role in designing and implementing solutions that enable cloud native application pattern adoption across American Express Technologies. You will partner closely with applications teams across the company to understand business critical, customer facing capabilities and provide first class cloud solutions that solve these challenges in a scalable, reusable manner. Responsibilities:
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Work closely with product managers, platform and application engineers to implement versatile solutions to challenging enterprise problems
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analysing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
3+ years of software development experience in a professional environment such as:
Wide breath of engineering experience
Proven experience leading teams of engineers
Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing
Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
You have an understanding of Kubernetes, Container Orchestrations, Docker, and Cloud Native applications
Experience in using public cloud platform services, like AWS, Azure, GCP
Must have experience in cloud native application patterns and tools, micro services architectures, application migrations to any cloud platform
Excellent understanding of Infrastructure, Virtualization, Containers, Network, Storage, monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools (Splunk, etc.)
Experience with Application Performance Management tools (Splunk, App Dynamics, New Relic, DynaTrace, etc.)
Real passion for and Excellent understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CICD) tools and processes (Example: Jenkins, Ansible, etc.
Deep understanding of Agile principles and processes
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 1, 2021, 3:29:04 AM