You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
This role will be a part of the Data Science & Infrastructure team within Risk Finance under Corporate Planning (CP&A). The primary responsibility of the team is to leverage data, latest tools and advanced techniques to innovate and help the organization make fact-based and scientifically proven decisions.
The Risk Finance organization supports Finance, Risk Management, and Marketing teams globally on all aspects of Loss Provision and Credit Reserve.
- Decision Support & Business Analyses: Provide decision support and business analytics to improve risk management strategies and drive overall AXP growth.
- Planning, Forecasting, & Reporting: Build financial forecasts under various scenarios for Net Loss Provision to aid in investment decisions.
- Communicate monthly results and highlight key drivers of change to better enable long-term planning.
- Dial up the diagnostics on reserve and provision trends; Communicate complex ideas effectively to various audiences
- Identify and realize automation opportunities within the team to speed up time-to-insights
- Leverage advanced quantitative and statistical approaches to creatively incorporate customer behaviors, attributes, macro indicators, etc.
- Provide thought leadership in everything you do
- Influence infrastructure and reporting decisions on data needs and tool design/enhancements
- Partner cross-functionally to derive strategic initiatives, provide thought leadership into key findings and actionable recommendations to influence business strategy
- Use machine learning techniques to improve forecasts and generate business insights; Creatively visualize data with different BI tools
- Be curious and stay on top of emerging technologies
- Must be able to translate ideas into understandable business solutions, and demonstrate thought leadership in developing value-added analyses
- Must be results driven and proactive with the ability to manage multiple projects and work within tight timelines
- Able to think strategically and have the relationship skills necessary to partner and drive results in a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to present on a regular basis to senior management.
- Proficiency in SQL / Hive / SAS / Python / R or other coding languages
- Experience with Tableau / Power BI or other visualization and BI tools preferred
- Knowledge of credit card industry and card economics preferred
- Advanced degree in mathematics, engineering, analytics or other science majors preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2021, 4:47:24 PM