The American Express Small Medium Enterprise, Global Commercial Services team is a dynamic, fast-growing, and high-performance organization that acquires, grows, and retains Small Business and Corporate client customers and prospects across Canada. GCS is the international leader in providing payment solutions in the B2B space. This organization is one of the key growth areas for GCS and Amex Bank of Canada.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for selling Corporate & Small Business Payment Solutions to Middle Market and Small Business prospects to increase market penetration and company profitability.
This position is a permanent work from home role and will eventually be a return to client facing meetings. Calgary or Edmonton are the preferred locations.
- Execution of the Middle Market SME acquisition strategy within the territory prescribed
- Achieve aggressive SME growth targets in the region through a focus on winning new business to the franchise via new clients and cross-selling
- Manage the sales pipeline ensuring your pipeline is robust and will meet the targets including accurate and timely reporting of the pipeline and prospects
- Develop and execute a sales plan for increasing penetration and improving operational economics.
- Fully engage the Performance Management and Development Planning Process.
- Lead the strategy to penetrate segments within prescribed territory in middle market.
- Align strategies with regional and global sales colleagues and share best-in-class practices, to ensure consistency and quality.
- Develop linkages with the implementation team to facilitate fast efficient implementations of won business. Manage carry-over billings effectively.
- Develop sound relationships across distribution partners
- Retaining and growing the margins in our new business wins
- Be accountable, a leader and a team player and share best practices to secure team success and market sharing
- Strong knowledge of or the ability to learn the corporate card business
- Direct sales experience in a B2B environment
- Structured methodology to acquire new business
- Strong financial acumen (understanding of cash flow, P&L) and can have a confident discussion in relation to Corporate Payments
- Ability to collaborate and influence internally and externally (face to face, over the phone and through video
- Experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies
- Ability to articulate knowledge about products, services and value proposition to C Level Executives is a must
- Valid Drivers License
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2021, 7:43:23 AM