“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Money Movement Platform, part of EP, is responsible for clearing more than 500 million transactions a year globally, with a value of over 1 trillion dollars (Yep! that’s not a typo, trillion with a T). This is a mission critical endeavor, with plenty of interesting engineering challenges in a space that is ripe for innovation. Open banking, ISO 20022, real-time/instant-payments, and modern cross-border schemes are revolutionizing clearing and settlement. Our Platform is becoming the gateway to existing and emerging global payment rails; and we are using an innovative integration stack in order to “speak” the many schemes and formats. Beyond the transactional aspect, our differentiating value is contextual. A rich data backbone and deep integration with enterprise data sources allow us to offer powerful omnichannel APIs and extension points used by developers that build customer facing experiences such as: P2P payments, loans, bill-pay, commercial cross border payments, AP automation, and many more.
We are beginning our journey of transforming the technical landscape in our teams to use a microservice architecture and are looking to bolster our technical talent by acquiring full-stack developers, using technologies such as Java, Spring, and React.
As a developer, you will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of your software from inception to production, working on a mixture of green- and brown-field projects, learning from and contributing to your peer group.
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience with strong knowledge in Java, Rest APIs and exposure to alternate JVM languages : Kotlin, Clojure
Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
Search & log: Solr, Fluentd, Prometheus
Container orchestration: Kubernetes, GKE, Docker
CI/CD: Jenkins, SonarQube
Cloud services: Bigquery, Dataproc, Dataflow, Cloud SQL, Cloud Composer, AWS EMR
Other: Git, Gitflow, Jira, Bitbucket, Gitlab, Trello, Scrum
Frameworks: Quarkus, Ktor
NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, Couchbase
Applied statistics skills: distributions, statistical testing, regression analysis
Creativity & Problem-Solving Skills
Adaptability & Flexibility
aptitude for technology; curiosity, passion and startup mindset
Other Skills (that will be a plus) :
- – Strong proficiency in Enzyme, Webpack, Redux, and Flux.
- – Proven expertise in different frameworks like React Native, AngularJS, Angular2, VueJS, SocketIO, Backbone, KnockoutJS, Svelte, and Bootstrap.
- – Demonstrable experience with JQuery, MomentJS, html5sql.js, RequireJS, and Loads.
- – A good working knowledge in testing codes using Mocha, Jest, Unit-tests, TDD, Karma, VCS, and Selenium (base).
- – A familiarity working with different databases such as MySQL, NoSQL(e.g., MongoDB), PostgreSQL, Redis is recommended.
- – Working experience using GitHub, Bitbucket, RhodeCode, and devZing Subversion
- – A strong background in different cloud platforms like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack Apache, and Google Cloud Platform
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021, 3:24:12 PM