Positions in Risk Management lead the development of credit, operational, enterprise, and fraud policies designed to profitably grow the portfolio, while ensuring excellent customer experience. These policies utilize mathematical models and other techniques to understand and predict customer behavior. At the manager level, the employee does not have a people leadership role but is often viewed as an emerging expert in the field. Focuses on resolution of complex problems. Conducts analyses, recommends changes to policies, and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization.
American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada.
The successful candidate will be part of the office of the Chief Credit Officer of Global Corporate Services (GCS).The candidate is expected to partner with multiple organizations including Sales, Account Development, Marketing, Credit Network, Legal and Compliance to develop risk strategies, execute risk policy, and manage expectations on credit provision numbers. Responsibilities include:
• Monitor portfolio metrics diligently, develop insights, and manage expectations as the owner of net credit provisions
• Identify key opportunities and partner with Sales and Account Development to drive profitable growth of the business, deliver best in class customer experience while controlling adverse surprises
• Incorporate local market dynamics and new developments (e.g. in products, economy, competition) to enhance global best practices (policy, models, strategies, etc.)
• Work closely with functional risk teams (CFR COE) to develop and execute risk strategies
• Candidates with an advanced degree in a quantitative field will be preferred. Strong SAS/SQL knowledge and other statistical programming experience is a must.
• Strong analytical, project management, relationship and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicated effectively with multiple audiences.
• Self-starter with natural curiosty to solve problems.
• 4-7 years Credit Risk Management experience is preferred.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2021, 7:39:57 AM