You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of APIs, UI’s that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable.
- Works closely with other developers (within the team and outside the team), and product owners to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Contribute insights into ways to improve our processes and tools.
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in a fast moving environment
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices.
- Collaborates with project manager and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain enterprise applications.
- Provides thought-leadership regarding implementation best practices
- Assists in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
- Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in software development using Java.
- Great knowledge of Java design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Excellent technical knowledge of Java, J2EE, Spring and RESTful API development
- Thorough understanding of JSON, XML, SOAP, HTTP, web services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with build (using Gradle, Maven, Ant, etc.) and deployments on application servers.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment (using Jenkins, Maven, JMeter, etc.)
- Experience working with testing libraries (like Junit, Mockito, Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber, JBehave)
- Knowledge of the open-source Java ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Understanding of code versioning using git, github and gitflow.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable enterprise application
- Experience in creation and review of software and architecture designs
- 5+ years of development experience using JS, React, CSS, HTML5
- 5+ Agile & Scrum development experience
- Proficient in writing SQL and PL/SQL including the fundamentals of data modeling and performance.
- Experience with software engineering tools and workflows (i.e. Jenkins, CI/CD, git).
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis, design and design patterns
- Must be a proactive & dedicated self-starter that can manage his/her own time and work well in a Scrum team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021, 6:47:11 PM