You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
About Network Product Development
It begins with a Card Member using their American Express Card at one of our millions of Merchants around the world—the rest is up to us. The Network Product Development is at the heart of the American Express enterprise—identifying, developing, implementing and supporting the products that create the American Express experience for our card members and partners.
The Network Product Team works across almost every business unit within the organization as well as interact with external partners, providers, and key industry stakeholders.
We explore the needs of our customers and partners, innovate new opportunities to enhance their experience and solve problems as we tackle the most imperative initiatives facing the payments industry today like securing online transactions and enabling faster, more convenient ways to pay. A role within the Network Product team will challenge you to broaden your skillset and industry acumen, while giving you the chance to be part of driving enterprise growth and helping deliver on our brand promise of trust, security and service.
Reporting to the Token Services Partner Experience Manager within the American Express Token Services team, the Product Analyst and Technical Writer is an exciting opportunity for a talented technical writer to contribute to maximizing the value of the products we offer to our partners.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Be well versed in and have demonstrable experience with FrameMaker in managing day-to-day writing and publishing needs to create and update technical content and user guides.
- Possess strong skillsets in the following:
- Document creation, maintenance, correcting errors, and generating PDFs
- Generating, formatting and updating: books, lists, tables, master-pages, reference-pages, indexes, text inserts, cross references, markers, variables, etc.
- Complete all required deliverables within prescribed timelines
- Demonstrate a customer-oriented mindset while providing insightful recommendations and constructive documentation solutions.
- Exhibit strong ability to decompose and solve problems, then communicate those results to your team and leadership in a collaborative and supportive way.
- Exercise strong time management skills ensuring integrity in commitments to all stakeholders.
- Be able to integrate into existing processes and provide excellent service to our business partners and customers.
- Four + years of experience in technical writing (financial services industry experience preferred)
- Advanced experience in FrameMaker
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills and basic Adobe experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adaptability to work in a dynamic and cross functional environment, influence language prescribed by stakeholders
- Ability to problem-solve, troubleshoot, and work independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to have fun in a fast paced and changing environment
- College Degree or equivalent specialized training/education
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021, 1:40:53 PM