American Express’ Global Commercial Services (GCS) business offers a wide range of card and payment programs, expense management tools, consulting services, business financing and cross-border payments solutions to small businesses, mid-sized companies and large corporations around the world.
The Product Management team within Supply Chain Solutions and Business Financing (SCSBF) operates as an agile FinTech group within the broader organization to develop solutions and digital products for multiple growth segments of American Express. Specifically, we lead the supplier payments product strategy to create best-in-class B2B digital solutions for Small & Medium Enterprises and Large & Global buyers and their suppliers.
Supply Chain Solutions is seeking a Product Management Director to co-lead the Buyer Initiated Payments (BIP) product management team. Globally offered in 10+ markets with a multi-billion volume P&L, BIP is a B2B Large & Global enhanced ACH payment product to streamline Accounts Payables processing and reconciliation, while generating cash flow. This role will lead a team of product managers to engage a broad set of business and technology teams to define product enhancements strategy and requirements that meet our buyer’s evolving working capital needs.
- Manage and drive prioritization of roadmap features and backlog, with stakeholders to optimize BIP operation and product for stability
- Partner with Partner Development to define and ready product requirements for build
- Partner to refresh BIP acquisition strategy, and define migration plans
- Collaborate with the local market teams to flawlessly execute on growth strategies
- Maintain an understanding of the current and future state of competition and regulation across markets to anticipate, identify and act upon key opportunities and threats in a timely fashion
- Share best practices and lessons learned across markets and business units with key stakeholders and partners
- Partner closely with and influence key functional and execution teams, including Technologies, Operations, Legal, and Compliance
- Present BIP to American Express’ various business units
- 8+ years experience in Product Management or Product Strategy
- Good knowledge of B2B payment product buying/decision-making triggers
- Strategic thinker and self-starter with strong problem solving, excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Strong relationship management skills across a diverse network, including collaborating with and influencing partners and leadership both in-person and virtually
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and executive presence, including the ability to present to and work with senior leaders with poise and confidence
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of pricing frameworks; ability to translate data into actionable insight
- History of people leadership, leading teams directly, effectively managing, engaging and developing talent
- Demonstrates a growth mindset that embraces change and is adaptable to a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to take calculated risks, think boldly, challenge the status quo and drive true innovation
- Preferred: Experience in supply chain finance and/or receivables finance; FinTech or digital payments platform/provider; Small Medium Enterprise lending
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2021, 11:43:15 AM