You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Credit Authorizations is a critical function within the Credit Strategy organization. It is a strategic competitive advantage of American Express as it is the core risk management engine behind our flagship charge card and other payment and lending products. The Manager, ICS Credit Authorizations will be responsible for ensuring profitable receivables management across the full suite of ICS proprietary products and customers. The incumbent will be responsible for working with a highly motivated team of risk professionals to develop, execute, and communicate credit authorization strategies to support profitable business growth initiatives ensuring adherence to Credit policies and procedures.
The key responsibilities for Managers in ICS Credit Authorizations include:
- Develop and continuously enhance Credit Authorization controls and processes for mitigating credit risk exposure
- Conduct quantitative analysis to decide the thresholds within which consumers can access funds (for example: Is their transaction approved when they swipe their card?)
- Synchronize Authorization controls with digital communication strategies, ensuring a positive experience across every customer touchpoint
- Identify, evaluate, and integrate new data sources and capabilities into decision-making
- Analyze large volumes of data to identify emerging credit trends and find opportunities to enhance risk models
- Partner with other teams across the company to standardize methodologies
- Maintain an effective control environment and respond to operational breakdowns with discipline
- Advanced degree (e.g., MS, PhD, or MBA) in a quantitative field such as Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Advanced degree is preferred but not required given a suitable combination of formal education and work experience
- Credit/Fraud risk management experience and understanding of credit lifecycle is preferred
- Blend of analytical skills, process expertise, project management, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to handle large datasets using SAS, SQL, R, Python or another similar programming language
- Thought leadership and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to think strategically and apply both quantitative methods and business insights to drive results
- Ability to build strong relationships in a cross-functional environment
- Clear, effective written and oral communication skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021, 12:02:46 PM