“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
About the Team:
American Express Technology is embarking on an exciting transformation to modernize the way we operate. As part of the Technology Strategy & Transformation team, The Agility Center of Excellence (CoE) continually evolves AXP’s software development operating model by defining and scaling Agile standards and best practices, including roles, responsibilities, processes, and tools across Product and Engineering teams. Working with leaders and their teams, the Agility CoE develops and implements Agile ways of working across all phases of the product development and delivery lifecycle- from product strategy and portfolio planning to execution. The CoE drives change with a broad toolkit that includes design thinking, process transformation, Agile trainings, embedded Agile coaching, and learning activities such as the Product Speaker series.
The Program Manager, Agility CoE, is a highly visible role working with senior leaders and their teams to design and implement strategies that introduce new ways of working and transform operating models, driving outcomes of increased agility and productivity, while enhancing our colleague experience.
Our ideal candidate is highly organized with exceptional communication/storytelling skills and a bias towards action. You show up with passion, are not afraid to challenge the status quo, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
In this capacity, you will:
- Contribute towards enterprise strategy and future state design by understanding current ways of working and potential operating models.
- Assess current state and elevate future state business processes, understanding program objectives, to shape transformational solutions and drive value.
- Develop scalable solutions by connecting the dots between seemingly disparate conversations, workstreams, and data, and synthesizing feedback.
- Create intuitive and high-quality communications for senior executives, including strategic materials and program updates.
- Collaborate and forge strong relationships with Product, Engineering, and Portfolio teams to identify and effectively manage dependencies across organizations.
- Partner with stakeholder teams to create and strengthen the Enterprise Agile Toolset to support Enterprise Agile Workflow Enablement, capacity assessments, and sequencing throughout the product delivery lifecycle.
- Drive an improvement in stakeholder outcomes and key results by facilitating lean processes and accelerating delivery across portfolios.
- Challenge the status quo and solve problems creatively; using your toolbox of techniques such as Design Thinking, scenario modeling, use case development, journey mapping, business capability modeling, etc.
- This opportunity requires a willingness to continuously learn and implement groundbreaking design, product, and technologies processes within a dynamic and highly matrixed environment leveraging data-driven strategic insights.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes & experience:
- 3-5 years Program Management experience leading complex strategic or transformation initiatives in a large Technology organization such as org effectiveness or process re-engineering.
- Possess working knowledge of software and/or product development processes and Agile methodologies; experience with modern approaches preferred.
- Robust technology strategy or management consulting experience that includes customer-centric design and innovation (e.g., Design Thinking), customer journey mapping, business capability modeling, use case development, external benchmarking, and other consulting methodologies a plus.
- Possess an “MVP” mindset as demonstrated through resourcefulness, creativity, complex problem solving and strategic and innovative thought leadership.
- Ability to influence without authority and demonstrated track record for driving results and transformation across multiple lines of business.
- Ability to connect seemingly separate conversations, internal and external data, and primary research to identify opportunities or manage against potential risks or business challenges.
- Proven ability to drive and influence change across multiple organizations.
- Proficient in developing excellent quality presentations and deliverables for an executive audience.
- MBA or equivalent and previous top-tier or Big 4 management consulting experience preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021, 3:19:14 PM