You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) team is part of the American Express Data Office, our global data center of excellence responsible for realizing the potential of our data and providing the principles, policies, processes, architecture and governance to enable consistent, trusted and usable data to drive accurate data-driven business outcomes.
We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support the EDG VP and team on our transformational journey!
- Proactively manage high volume of diary appointments in multiple time zones, accommodating to last minute changes and urgent business needs.
- Determine importance of meeting requests in the context of VP’s priorities and schedule accordingly.
- Monitor and flag VP’s inbox and proactively actioning things on their behalf when applicable/
- Add key deadlines, reminders and dates in calendars and ensure the information contained therein is accurate and up to date.
- Lead and/or assist in managing department-wide communication and activities, including but not limited to Townhalls
- Perform monthly activities to include, but not limited to, consolidating organization charts and distribution lists, performing cost center and CPC reconciliations, track team expenditure, sending communications on behalf of VP, compiling information.
- Arrange international and domestic travel agendas; transfers, including visas and assist team members with their visa application letters, maintain information in calendars, one-click accessible.
- Support onboarding/offboarding team members including contractors and consultants, raise all the relevant new starters’ requests (Employee ID, Log in details, email, laptop, desk phone, remote access and access to relevant sites/drives, corporate card if applicable).
- Ensure mandatory team training progress is tracked, waiver requests raised for exceptions.
- Prepare and submit VP’s expense reports on a timely basis including those on parental/sick leave; track team expenditure and monitor T&E and budget.
- Be versed in dealing and interacting with senior executives and act as main point of contact for senior executives, in general and when hosting visiting executives.
- Maintain accurate databases electronically to include address books, files and contacts.
- Make the relevant amendments in HR systems (transfers, terminations, salaries changes, department/job codes and cost & responsibility centres, etc) on behalf of VP- Ensure transfers are sitting under the right codes
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Experience in an executive assistant capacity to VP leadership in a fast-paced environment for large global companies
- Meticulous skills with a verifiably excellent performance track record with a desire to exceed expectations
- Able to anticipate well, ask the right questions before problems arise and escalate matters accordingly
- Skilled in upper-level administrative support functions including extremely strong follow-up skills
- Highly proficient technical skills (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Able to handle highly confidential information and to think and act independently and strategically
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy, and discretion required
- Capable of handling multiple tasks efficiently and effectively and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making capabilities; resourceful and independent thinker
- Self-starter with excellent prioritisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills with careful attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexible and easily adaptable to changing priorities.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2021, 1:28:37 PM