You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
At American Express we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services.
The Enterprise Digital Platform team consists of products that transform how we approach design, data, experimentation, analytics, and more across the enterprise. We are focused on applying enabling fast, scalable, and consistent application development to deliver on a seamless and connected customer experience.
Join our team as a Senior Manager – Product / Platform Strategy to help define and oversee the vision and strategic priorities for our offerings while incubating and scaling new use cases. This role requires you to be a part of an internal product consulting model and act as a thought partner to cross-functional leadership. You will combine a deep understanding of our platform offerings with external industry research to identify new areas of growth, partnerships, and use cases. These will be translated into actionable recommendations for our long-term product roadmaps.
Below are the key functional areas the role will cover:
- Strategic Projects – Apply your product domain expertise, deep knowledge of the suite, and pulse on industry trends to drive initiatives in areas like competitive / market research, new product development, build vs buy vs partner decisions, etc.
- Innovation Pipeline Management – Develop a process and forum to intake, assess, pilot, and measure success of new ideas and solutions with key partners
- Product Best Practices– Grow a Product Centre of Excellence (COE) to help bring consistency and elevation to the product management space by creating playbooks and curating content to upskill competencies
You’ll work among top performing product, engineering, and design teams. We are looking for someone who is highly strategic, with strong communication skills, and enjoys working at the intersection of tech and business. The ideal candidate will have a mix of product and strategy consulting background who enjoys working in white space, wearing multiple hats, and a dynamic environment.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Become a subject matter expert across our design, content, data, analytics, etc. platforms
- Play a key role in defining a methodology and approach to identify, assess, prioritize, and measure success of strategic initiatives the team will focus on
- Prepare executive presentations to showcase critical findings and plans
- Engage and develop relationships with cross-functional senior leadership to understand priorities and how we can be a thought partner
- Continually stay apprised of industry trends and conduct and distribute relevant research from conferences, articles, etc.
- Own innovation pipeline and conduct POCs to help evaluate new opportunities and feed learning back
- Develop and scale a Product COE to help upskill and educate product talent across the org by sharing best practices, playbooks, etc.
- 6+ years of Strategy Consulting experience in the Digital/ Tech space along with 2+ years of Product Management background or related experience highly preferred
- Deep experience in business case development, digital transformation programs, and new product development
- Track record of shaping and shipping enterprise grade platforms and managing product strategy, vision, roadmap, and delivery
- Solid business acumen and problem-solving ability with high capacity for strategic/end-to-end thinking
- Proven ability to drive results while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Excellent facilitation and collaboration skills, with the ability to influence and gain alignment at all levels of an organization, including senior leadership.
- Passion for keeping up with tech/ product news and sharing your knowledge
- Loves working in an entrepreneurial culture that is lean, fast paced, and dynamic
- Highly data driven and comfortable with success metrics and KPIs
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized - you are great at research and documenting your learnings
- Change agent, not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, math, business, or related discipline preferred, ideally with an MBA
- Experience working with Agile teams, knowledge of SAFe (scaled agile a plus)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 30, 2021, 3:16:07 PM