At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”You won’t just shape the world of software.
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing and highly skilled Senior Engineer to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial Enterprise Personalization and Digital Demand Generation portfolio focused on delivering the next generation global Personalization capabilities (Prospect & Customer Marketing) using cutting edge Machine Learning Models and Big Data technologies.
This team is responsible for Global Customer Marketing Personalization products which including batch/real-time analytical, machine learning and modeling solutions leveraging technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Python, Pig & Java. This young team has delivered industry leading products with many firsts in the organization. Today we support 21+ channels (including Web, Mobile, Voice, Email), daily volume of ~11MM transactions a day and support content across Card, Servicing, Merchant & MR offers and are expanding rapidly with a focus on building a Global Customer Marketing Personalization Product with a focus on driving omni-channel experience for our Card members by delivering world-class innovative solutions leveraging best in class Machine Learning techniques, processing TBs of data, to provide highly personalized member journey to drive profitable growth for the organization.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
- Owns all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
- Functions as senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices with respect to tools, common components, and documentation
- Primary focus (70%+) is spent writing code, API specs, conducting code reviews & testing in ongoing sprints or doing proof of concepts/automation tools, collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code, utilizes visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies & ideas
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Collaborate/influence within and across teams to create successes with an innovative mindset to challenge the status quo.
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data and Machine Learning applications.
- Experience in high volume, critical, complex and customer applications will be a big plus.
- Understanding of Personalization space will be of added advantage.
- Solid programming knowledge in Java - Understanding of data structures and common algorithms
- Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- A self-starter with the ability to question status-quo.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2021, 9:42:53 AM