The Global Advertising and Brand Management (GABM) organization has a mission to create marketplace demand and drive commerce for American Express through differentiated and innovative products, partnerships, marketing, and customer experiences. We have an ambitious goal: to be the most creative department in the Fortune 500 and we aim to deliver on that by doing work that is both creative and impactful.
The Global Brand Planning team is part of the Global Brand Planning and Communications team and is responsible for bringing the global brand strategy to life through key enterprise initiatives for our colleagues and customers through our marketing efforts globally.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Programming will serve in an exciting multi-faceted role as the Project Manager for key marketing campaigns and initiatives and as the relationship manager (TRM) for our third-party agency relationships. This role provides a challenging yet rewarding opportunity with great exposure to senior leadership and globally significant projects.
Interest in the subject of advertising, design, and brand is a pre-requisite. The ideal candidate is highly organized, tenacious, and not afraid of the detail – they must have a demonstrated ability in influencing, great collaborative mindset, and strong leadership ability.
This individual must be able to influence outcomes through collaboration with colleagues. The successful candidate must have proven experience in marketing and exhibit the following abilities:
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and drive on time delivery of marketing campaigns for GABM
- Manage cross-functional working groups to deliver brand campaigns globally ensuring on time delivery, appropriate resourcing and tracking of key priorities against our plan
- Partner closely with Content, Social, Media and agency partners to ensure effective cross functional team collaboration to deliver our brand marketing plans.
- As the TRM for the team, the successful candidate will have central ownership of our third-party agency relationships
- Support the annual strategic planning process managing timelines, deliverables, and resources.
- Strategic planning, marketing, campaign or project management experience.
- Work well under pressure, be a flexible, collaborative team player and balance multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Change agent & strategic problem solver: provide thought leadership, with an ability to learn quickly, “connect the dots”, challenge and innovate, and drive results
- Comfort working in white space and willing to take on incremental responsibilities
- Strong detail orientation with ability to think end-to-end and connect work across workstreams
- Excellent project management, organizational and process/workflow skills
- Proficient in creating advanced level presentations for a broad range of audiences
- Excellent relationship management skills - proven ability to build and strengthen relationships across all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Strong presence and be comfortable navigating and representing the organization in a professional and engaging manner
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel or Project
- Have strong integrity and be able to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature
- Sense of humor is required
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10281
- Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021, 3:18:46 PM