You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Our team, our platform
We are on the journey to develop a best in class, modern storage solution for the enterprise, to support the digital first strategy, improve our cost efficiency and ensure better self-service for all our consumers as part of our technology roadmap. With over 30B servicing communications stored, continuing to invest in innovation, modernization and leading-edge technologies is critically important, especially as we move through our platform and product journey.
We are looking for Engineers to join our team and deliver world-class software solutions supporting our platform vision. This includes using leading-edge modern technology stack, fostering engineering culture, innovation using new capabilities, designing and building new ways to enhance and expose our capabilities via API’s, cultivating continual improvement in system quality, performance, and robust coding frameworks.
Translate user needs into system requirements, partner with our Senior Engineers to ensure design meets technology standards and uses appropriate design patterns. Develop software applications to high coding standards, ensure code is testable throughout and meets the resilience of test automation tools. Measure and optimize application code performance and integration of component systems. Support deployment of changes into production. Ensure adherence to CI/CD toolsets.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Proven years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering, the candidate must be able to demonstrate some of the following core competencies:
- Java - Java 8 experience building enterprise applications with proven design patterns
- Spring - Experience/knowledge with the Spring framework, specifically Spring Boot and RESTful APIs
- React - Experience/knowledge for front-end (UI) development
- NoSQL - Experience/knowledge with NoSQL databases such as Couchbase is an advantage.
- CI/CD - Build pipelines for continue integration and delivery: Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Testing Frameworks - Experience with Testing Frameworks for backend/front-end and backend automation testing
- jBPM - Understanding of JBoss BPM to build simple workflow (rules/process) solutions is an advantage
- Kafka - Understating of Kafka’s streaming-processing
- PaaS - Nice to have
- Data Management
- Release and Deployment
- User Experience Evaluation and Analysis
- Problem Solving
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 26, 2021, 7:06:21 AM