You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 12th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
- Provide technical leadership to deliver software solutions that exceed customer and stakeholder expectations.
- You will constantly pursue and learn industry leading/innovative solutions. Build high awareness of open-source technologies and communities that enable high volume low latency systems.
- Lead a culture of innovation and experimentation, support full software development lifecycle that incorporates the best of technology approaches and delivery methodologies.
- Engage with developers in day to day activities and helping in review of design, coding and the SDLC tasks. Stepping into code where and if needed and be a hands-on leader
- Ensure on time product releases that are of high quality, enabling the core vision of next generation card processing systems compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Promote a fun and high engagement culture, with a results orientated focus. Hire, mentor, motivate and retain the best talent.
- Collaborate with peer technology and product teams across different locations.
- Leading a team in an environment which includes modern web frameworks and complex transaction processing systems leveraging a broad set of technology stacks (Node.js, React, Cassandra, Kafka, Java, Mainframes, Oracle, DB2, REDIS etc.)
- Communicate to senior leaders with regard to strategy direction and changes.
- Experience in building fault-tolerant, scalable solutions that are performed at a global enterprise scale
- Good knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture design principles, microservices and event driven architectures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Overall 8+ years of experience in developing and delivering leading–edge software solutions coupled with a proven experience in building teams from scratch and growing individuals into leaders.
- Hands on development experience in modern technologies - Java, Go, Vert.x, React, Envoy, gRPC, ProtoBuf, JSON, etc. along with strong knowledge on databases including NoSQL DBs like Couchbase and Cassandra
- Experience with applications with high throughput and low latency needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, with the ability to create and deliver effective presentations to leadership across the organization
- Proven ability to influence and drive delivery across a geographical distributed organization
- Experience building highly available and low latency distributed systems. Experience building systems as service-oriented architecture and/or micro-services architecture.
- Experience attracting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
- Experience in CI/CD tools like Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Bamboo, Kubernetes, etc.
Professional Attributes For Success
- Excellent judgment and constant pursuit of higher standards, a passion to build and champion high efficiency teams.
- Is aware of the latest details of the business & technology trends
- Expects and drives innovation
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Out of box thinking
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 19, 2021, 8:11:57 AM