“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an ambitious new team of high performers. Our Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how technology intersects with the people who count on it every single day. They are nimble and creative with the power to craft our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class cardmember experiences within Global Loyalty & Benefits organization.
- You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Engineers who join our Loyalty Technology team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing a new, nimble and modern loyalty platform which will support the key element of connecting with our customers where they are and how they choose to interact with American Express.
- Be part of an enthusiastic, high performing technology team developing solutions to drive engagement and loyalty within our existing cardmember base and attract new customers to the Amex brand.
- The position will also play a meaningful role partnering with other development team members, testing and quality, and production support, to meet implementation dates and allow smooth transition throughout the development life-cycle.
- The successful candidate will be focused on building and executing against a strategy and roadmap focused on moving from monolithic, tightly coupled, batch based legacy platforms to a loosely coupled, event-driven, microservices-based architecture to meet our long term business goals
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 3+ years software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- A solid understanding of "how things work" in the world of computers, the Internet, databases, and the Java programming language - you will be assessed heavily in this area
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Continuous integration/deployment in an Agile Framework covering the aspect of design development and testing (SDLC)
- Clear understanding of object oriented development
- Strong development experience with Java 8 & above , Spring framework, REST APIs & Java Script
- Good understanding of Data structures, web services technology & Microservices design patterns
- Experience in message streaming technoliges like solace, kafka is a plus
- Experience with various relational and NoSQL databases, such as Oracle, PostGres and Couchbase is a plus
- Experience in designing and developing REST APIs for high volume clients.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Gitlab CI) a plus
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.), a plus
- Experience in automated build and test frameworks is a plus
- Experiece of DevOps and test driven development is a plus
- Experience in other technologies like AngularJS, React and Node.js is a plus
- Strong ability to develop unique, outside the box ideas
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners.
- Knowledge of payments industry
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of distributed technologies
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 10:41:54 AM