You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
This position is part of the Network Fraud team in CFR Risk, and is responsible for supporting the Global Network Services (GNS) business across many aspects related to fraud. GNS is a rapidly expanding portion of Amex business that consists of financial service institutions worldwide. The financial institutions within GNS include banks that issue American Express cards, acquirers of merchants under the American Express brand, a significant number of Independent Operators, and the American Express proprietary business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development and execution of global fraud risk management policies and products. This role requires in-depth knowledge of fraud, the credit card transaction lifecycle, network functions, and network participant responsibilities. One must stay up-to-date with new digital products in the market and regional specifications and regulations. This leader will contribute to growth while minimizing the risk of fraud to network issuers and acquirers and American Express as the network by working to enhance network fraud policies to match industry practices; keep the network relevant and viable for issuer and acquirers; track, identify and action on global fraud trends to prevent network participants from incurring losses; and communicate with network issuers and acquirers about enhancements in network fraud controls.
This role will serve as the SME of all fraud policies and products covering issuers and acquirers on the network as outlined in the Business and Operational Policies manual. These policies cover all stages of the card lifecycle for the issuer and acquirers and help guide them through card issuing and card acceptance processes with minimum fraud. Furthermore, the responsibilities will include maintaining and enhancing existing processes as well as executing and tracking fraud policies to keep network participants compliant.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of talented Risk Managers and Analysts to deliver on the team’s goals
- Understand the career aspirations of team members and help individuals develop towards their aspirations
- Develop and gain alignment for new business operating policies aimed at protecting the network and its partners from potential fraud losses.
- Improve network fraud controls and policies for digital wallets and payment products to be launched on the network globally.
- Manage external consultant team as a business owner for network fraud capability.
- Interact with technical and non-technical network personnel to develop and implement technological solutions that enhance American Express GNS fraud detection capacity.
- Serve as Fraud SME for GNS partner-facing personnel.
- Implement network fraud compliance policies across global partners.
- Lead business and technical fraud presentations to a variety of internal and external partners.
- Generate new and innovative ideas to reduce fraud and increase revenue for the network.
- 5+ years experience in Credit / Fraud Risk Management
- Good understanding of the credit card space, including the roles of Issuer, Network, and Acquirer
- Ability to influence and drive alignments without direct authority across multiple business units
- Tremendous energy and ability to adjust to changing priorities to support a growing/fast paced area of the business.
- Demonstrated thought leadership abilities and will to win.
- Strong project management and communication skills to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with SAS/SQL is required and exposure to Big data analytical tools would be an advantage
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 1:23:04 PM