The US Consumer & Global Premium Services (USC&GPS) organization is part of the Global Consumer Services Group and is responsible for making membership essential by creating and delivering world class marketing through the sourcing and delivery of relevant, differentiated products & benefits that drive demand and inspire engaged card members to deepen loyalty. The Manager/Senior Manager, Strategy & Planning supports the USC&GPS office and will be a member of the organization’s executive team. The team is responsible for a broad range of strategic, colleague and communication initiatives to help ensure that business objectives are achieved. This position provides a unique opportunity for an individual looking to expand his/her knowledge of the US Consumer business and get an up-close view of how our leaders drive the business forward.
- Management of organizational business planning and operational processes for the leadership team, including meeting planning, business partner support, strategic priorities, goal setting & scorecard measurement
- Executive level communications and content development, including town halls, leadership meetings, communications inside and outside of the team
- Develop and manage team-wide colleague engagement strategy and programs, including support of selected team-specific initiatives and learning and development activities
- Support of critical CEG process management (PMP, Talent Assessments, etc) and Enterprise processes including Regulatory & Compliance training
- Support the USC& GPS Executive office developing meeting objectives, organizing meetings and off-sites, and providing ongoing proactive support to the leadership team
- Own and manage new hire onboarding as well as partner with campus recruiting
- Ownership of ad-hoc strategic projects and initiatives
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to effectively multi-task and lead projects with limited guidance. The individual must be a strong communicator, demonstrated trusted advisor and ideally will have strategy and/or product/marketing experience
- Ability to drive results by leading through persuasion and expertise with limited direct authority
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with changing priorities. Ability to systematically work and prioritize based on a broad understanding of project needs and goals
- Ability to build strong relationships with all band levels and work effectively on a collaborative team
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- High integrity with the ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- High intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn. True culture carrier, unafraid to ask questions, deliver constructive feedback and actively engage in order to make positive and meaningful contributions
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2021, 10:53:18 AM