You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
From building next-generation apps and microservices in Kotlin to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we’ll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
• Automate DNS, Load Balancer, Switching and Routing functions to optimize and improve network change deployment and improve customer experience
• Provides architectural governance, reviewing projects to ensure alignment to architectural standards and technical strategy.
• Manages (monitors and addresses) third parties to ensure quality delivery and adherence to standards.
• Provide 24*7 operational support for AMEX datacenter Network related changes related to DNS and Load balancing functions
• Focus on improving Customer Experience leveraging automaton and improving service delivery time
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
• Understand the business needs and design high quality software applications in timely manner to fulfill those needs
• Identify and adopt new technologies to solve existing business needs and predict future challenges.
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
Millions of customers depend on our infrastructure, we depend on you. The success of our entire company rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Infrastructure engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient Infrastructure. So if you’re an expert on infrastructure and know the value of supporting technology and the people who depend on it, build you career here. Build a strong infrastructure and a solid career. The best infrastructure isn’t built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. Here’s just some of what you’ll do: - Contribute to the analysis of business, application, and technical infrastructure requirements. - Design, build, enhance and integrate the infrastructure required to support various platforms and our business portfolio - Support initiatives that deliver workable end-to-end infrastructure solutions - Participates in test planning and execution
5+ years of experience in building DNS, Load Balancer, Switching and Routing functions and Datacenter networks.
• Object-oriented programming skills (Python, JAVA, .NET)
• Development of web services and an understanding of APIs (REST and SOAP with XML or JSON)
• Experience with software development
• Experience or knowledge of network services is a plus (DNS, load balancers, firewalls, etc)
• Database development experience (SQL, MongoDB, etc)
• Protocols like TCP/IP, SNMP, NetCONF
• Must be willing to learn new technologies while being able to adapt to a fast pace service driven environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to communicate to all levels of peers, customers, and leadership
• Bachelor’s Degree in CS or CSE or Equivalent
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2021, 11:39:44 AM