You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Do work that matters:
The Sr. Manager, Product Development & Management is an exciting new global product development role that will drive the enablement of the next generation of payment processing, by understanding local market regulatory and processing requirements, and building a roadmap for this local network payment capability that interfaces effectively back to American Express’ Global Network. With global responsibility, focusing at the local market level, this role will build effective partnerships with both internal and external teams to deliver new network capability which future-proofs Amex payment processing for local market requirements.
See yourself in our Team:
The American Express Network enables over $1.2 Trillion in annual spend and serves card Issuers and Acquirers in over 170 markets worldwide. The Network Solutions and Operations (NSO) team operates the Network with the highest levels of performance, security, and integrity; and is supporting Network coverage expansion by onboarding new Network Issuers and Acquirers, as well as launching our new Network in China. The NSO team is also driving a strategic, multi-year transformation to modernize the Network crafting innovative products, services, and capabilities that will anticipate the needs of customers by enabling more types of payments.
What is your role on our Team:
- Operating at a global level, while focusing market by market, to enable and operationalize capabilities and cross-border interoperability with
- Product Development: Assist with the development and management product roadmaps, including envisioning, capability assessment such as transaction flows, and operational viability.
- Collaborate with other business units and external partners to drive and deliver local network capabilities
- core payments network operational knowledge, and apply subject matter expertise to set direction and drive progress across
- Opportunity to lead contingent workers supporting the where required
- Develop best in class project management tools and processes to and reapply for from market to market
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- A passion to drive delivery and results in a , innovative and sophisticated environment.
- and the ability to influence, negotiate and drive decisions across a wide range of diverse partners
- Experience working on large scale, cross-platform projects
- Strong project management aptitude, preferably including understanding of Agile methodology and practices.
- break down and complicated business needs into requirements that can be delivered against to produce a product or service
- and to work within a .
- Technical acumen, comfortable working and conversing in a technical environment
- Strong aptitude for deliverables simultaneously, using effective prioritization and multi-tasking skills
The following experience and knowledge will be well considered:
- Experience in developing new products, establishing and leading strong product roadmaps
- People leadership experience; leading remotely located teams is highly regarded.
- Strong acumen in network and payment technology, core systems and processes, ideally including new payment capabilities and trends.
- An understanding of network policy, and how that policy governs operational capabilities and process.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2021, 1:27:41 PM