You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
Millions of customers depend on our infrastructure, we depend on you.
The success of our entire company rests on our systems, storage, and people. Our Infrastructure engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient Infrastructure. So if you’re an expert on infrastructure and know the value of supporting technology and the people who depend on it, build your career here.
Build a strong infrastructure and a solid career.
The best infrastructure isn’t built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. The ideal candidate will have a system engineering background and an innovative mindset of using software to solve problems. Here’s just some of what you’ll do:
Evaluate prototype storage solutions to support business strategies, deliver business value, and shape technology strategies.
- Working experience on Compute technologies(ESX, Hardware)
- Review new product architectures and make sure they comply with AXP standards
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new Technologies.
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technology in solving existing needs
- Partner with various teams and stakeholders to drive project governance & Operational readiness
- Work with extended teams across the globe
- Working knowledge on multiple Infrastructure technologies
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability in resolving availability issues
- Good documentation skills
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering field
- At least 2-4 years of strong working knowledge on VMWARE vCenter, ESX
- Strong experience on managing/maintaining servers (Cisco, HP, Dell, Intel etc)
- Working knowledge on firmware/driver upgrades.
- Automate day to day tasks using scripts
- Knowledge on Containers will be an advantage
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Emerging Technologies
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- System/Platform Domain Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative, and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2021, 12:08:48 PM