Global Merchant Services (GMS) Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate Merchant acceptance and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to Merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of Merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. This role specifically supports leaders in the U.S. Market.
- Overall administrative management support, calendar management, including scheduling meetings and conference calls, booking room facilities and arranging catering when needed
- Support the Marketing team with meetings and conference including scheduling, logistics, attendance tracking
- Maintain team email and slack distribution lists
- Prepare, review, and process expense reports, and ensure T&E is in line with company policy and budget
- Process invoices and purchase orders in Ariba
- Booking and coordinating travel arrangements
- Support other admin responsibilities: ordering supplies, maintaining team org chart, and ad-hoc projects
- Coordinating team events inclusive of training days, town hall updates and team conference calls
- Building relationships and planning meetings with partners across the company
- Provide assistance on ad hoc projects, as needed
- Natural, high-energy team player who collaborates well and has the capability to interact effectively at all levels of a matrix organization and within a fast paced work environment
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail with timely follow-up.
- Reliable individual with excellent communication (oral, written, listening) skills, a positive attitude and solution-oriented demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure and be flexible to changing priorities
- Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with minimal guidance and to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Strong calendar management expertise and a working knowledge of common administrative systems and processes e.g., purchasing, travel, expense management
- Proficiency in Microsoft outlook and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong working knowledge of virtual meeting tools and platforms preferred.
- Proactive in anticipating needs of stakeholders and responsive to requests in a timely, efficient manner. Proven experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10281
- Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021, 5:59:58 PM