You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way! When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express is looking for a multifaceted and experienced Application Development leader (Engineering Director) in the Global Risk Technology (GRT) organization. The GRT team crafts, develops, and supports critical components and platforms for new products being launched to support the next generation of customers across market segments. If you are a hands-on leader then join us and you could be a key member of this future, as we build software to support and improve our industry-leading credit and fraud risk practice and deliver on our platform vision.
As an Engineering Director on the GRT team, you will serve as a core member of an engineering team that will:
- Develop digital solutions for our customers.
- Develop and design applications.
- Test the resiliency of applications and tools.
- Assess and incorporate user story analysis and elaboration to optimize Application solutioning.
- Reengineer systems and code for continuous improvement.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with product owners and product managers to help define product direction
- Lead teams in iterative product development using Agile principles.
- Build and lead a high-performing team of application developers
- Bring a strong foundation of programming skills; able to engage the team on coding practices and design, and get under the hood of coding systems, and interfaces
- Ensure product releases are of high quality, deliver excellent user experiences, perform seamlessly at scale, and align with regulatory requirements.
- Keep up with the latest industry research and emerging technologies to ensure we are appropriately utilizing new techniques and capabilities.
- Demonstrate accountability while leading people with enthusiasm, dedication and integrity. Own and lead HR processes such as performance evaluations, talent development, etc.
- Consistently question assumptions, challenge the status quo, and drive improvement
- Never settle for being “good enough”.
- Proven track record of influential leadership and building high-performance self-managing, self-motivated teams.
- Ability to build and use positive relationships with Product, Strategy, Operations and technology partners.
- Collaborate with delivery teams to align direction and approach to system design and implementation.
- Possess a good blend of Business and Technology acuity and has a strong desire to learn new concepts as well as research customer insights, trends and business challenges.
- 10+ years of demonstrable experience building and shipping large scale software products.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in CS, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related STEM field.
- Strong Experience in Agile, Agile development, code review, CSS, Eclipse, HTML, Java, Relational database, SOAP, UNIX and Web Services.
- Moderate or higher skill in SOA, Restful, Asynchronous and Microservices technologies for large scale environments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be comfortable delivering presentations to small and large groups including executive level management internally and externally.
- Hands-on experience with technology planning and road mapping.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2021, 12:27:35 PM