Growing consumer lending is a top priority for American Express, especially as the company mobilizes to capitalize on key growth opportunities. The Pricing team is part of the Global Consumer Lending Group and plays a critical role in serving Customer needs and supporting the profitability of the company. This position will be responsible for developing pricing strategies for card products, managing acquisition yield and leading acquisition analytics and strategy for US Consumer Products. This position will work closely with key partners across different functions and across different levels of seniority.
- Drive innovative business pricing strategies that will grow the lending portfolio while effectively pricing for risk
- Develop pricing strategies that support the portfolio through different business cycles
- Drive multiple work-streams simultaneously by forming effective partnerships with different functional areas across the business including Acquisition, Risk, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Public Relations, and World Service
- Ideate, design and analyze price testing strategies that aim to deepen and engage customers early in their tenure while maintaining product margins and driving incremental revenue
- Present insights and recommendations to senior leaders to help shape lending strategy
- Analyze customer data and lending portfolio trends to identify customer insights and revenue opportunities
- Perform competitive benchmarking by effectively leveraging qualitative and quantitative information.
- Strong strategic thought leadership to identify business needs, drive towards tactical solutions for those needs,
- Ability to drive multiple project simultaneously and influence business partners to prioritize key initiatives
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to leverage large data sets to inform business decisions;
- Strong will-to-win, intellectual curiosity, drive to do what it takes to meet deadlines with a “can do” attitude
- Innovative thinker and creative problem-solver who is able and willing to challenge the status quo
- High quality written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate across different functional teams across different levels of seniority
- Advanced degree or MBA is a plus but not a requirement
- SQL and/or SAS experience are a plus but not a requirement
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 23, 2021, 11:29:53 AM