American Express Global Commercial Services, the leading provider of payments for small, mid and large corporations globally, is going through a significant transformation. The Global Commercial Brand Engagement team is focused on expanding reach and deepening connections with our customers and prospects through our content (site, social, newsletter) and experiences (events, activations, sponsorships). Within this group, an exciting new Brand Platforms & Partnerships team has been created. They will own our promotion and distribution engine and be responsible for our external partnership strategy.
The Manger/Senior Manager, Business Class Event Marketing, will lead the strategy and execution of marketing for our Business Class Live event series.
This Manager/Senior Manager will be an integral member of a team responsible for:
- Owning the marketing strategy for the Business Class event series, including for our flagship event Business Class LIVE: Summit for Success where business owners and entrepreneurs come together for a day of networking, interactive workshops, and 1:1 meetings with industry experts
- Partnering with the Experiential Marketing team to understand the purpose and goals of each event, then ensuring that registration and attendance targets are exceeded through an effective marketing strategy
- Working with internal American Express teams like Customer Marketing, Prospect Marketing, Field Sales, Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS), and Shop Small to promote our events in their channels
- Managing a roster of agencies to develop and deploy creative assets that promote each event, such as HTML emails, social media posts, and banner ads
- Maintaining the calendar of all marketing placements for each event, staying on top of all deadlines, and putting creative through the appropriate American Express compliance and brand review platforms
- Creating playbooks, templates, and guides for Experiential Marketing colleagues to use when marketing their own, smaller events.
- Owning the marketing metrics for each event, establishing a regular reporting cadence, and using metrics from past events to inform current strategy
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven ability leading and managing innovative and effective marketing programs that generate results
- Deep understanding of marketing channels like email, social, and site. Experience working with American Express email, social, and site teams is strongly preferred.
- Writing and copyediting experience, especially in shorter formats like email and social
- An eye for visually catching designs and an understanding of how to apply brand guidelines to creative assets
- Analytical, with a focus on understanding program drivers and impacts
- Strong leadership and relationship skills across multiple cross-functional platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021, 1:55:52 PM