You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Enterprise Risk Management (“ERM”) and Operational Risk Oversight team is part of Global Risk &Compliance (GRC) and provides an independent view of risks faced by AXP. The team’s responsibilities span the AXP Bank Holding Company as well as the subsidiary US Bank (American Express National Bank).
Specific responsibilities for the Manager/Sr. Manager of ERM and Operational Risk Oversight team include:
- Develop and manage the risk appetite framework (RAF), including updating the Enterprise Risk Management Policy, supporting senior management and Committee/Board reporting
- Maintain the framework for risk management inputs into incentive compensation- including preparation of the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) year-end risk assessment memo
- Provide effective challenge through independent reviews and sample based testing of key operational risk processes
- Perform systematic quantitative/qualitative analysis with risk management data to identify process gaps and drive insights/recommendations for first line teams
- Maintain and enhance the existing Key Risk Indicators (KRI) and engage in development of new KRIs for continuous monitoring and due diligence
The quantitative evaluation of various risk types and their practical application will provide a unique exposure to enterprise risk management, a highly valued skill in the marketplace.
Experience and Background:
- 2-3 years plus experience in Risk Management or Management Consulting. Experience in ERM or Operational Risk is a big plus
- Familiarity with concepts of risk appetite is a plus
- Proficiency in handling data and conducting analytics using multiple platforms and programming languages (e.g. SQL, SAS, HIVE/Hadoop, R, Python)
- Strong organizational and process management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure and deliver high quality outcomes under critical timeline
- Risk-focused mindset, attention to detail, strong problem solving and analytical skills and collaborative spirit
- Bachelor's degree required
- Advanced degree in business or a quantitative field is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective stakeholder and relationship management skills to drive agile decision making and task prioritization
- Ability to develop presentation materials with clear, concise, and compelling messaging for senior leaders
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2021, 4:50:46 PM