You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
From building next-generation apps and microservices in Kotlin to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we’ll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
You won’t just shape the world of software. You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
American Express is looking for a hardworking Engineer in the Global Risk Technology (GRT) organization. The GRT team develops and handles critical components and platforms for new products being launched to support the next generation of customers across market segments. As an Engineer, you will focus primarily on providing technical expertise and tooling to ensure the highest level of reliability and availability for critical applications. You will also be able to provide consultation and strategic recommendations by quickly assessing and remediating complex availability issues and drive automation, efficiencies to increase quality, availability, and auto-healing of sophisticated processes.
In this role you will:
- Deliver technical solutions to problems identified and make architectural recommendations along with process conformance for incident, problem, change management, and compliance.
- Drive the resolution of problems by identifying the root cause and implementing architecture/code fixes.
- Analyze the existing technology environment and architecture, to develop technical/architectural recommendations to improve system/application performance and lead improvement implementation.
- Drive continuous improvement to reduce MTTR (Mean Time to Recovery) and MTTD (Mean Time to Detection) on production impacts. Proactively address gaps with stability issues across infrastructure environment.
- Collaborate with business users and technical domain professionals to analyze, triage, and creatively resource product development and improvements for loads into operational data warehouse.
- Automate, optimize, and execute process improvements on existing processes.
- Provide post-implementation production support for processes.
Education & Experience:
- 6+ years of engineering and/or architecture experience in a complex environment, such as a large-scale web infrastructure or development team
- Experience supporting a 24/7 enterprise environment with on-call responsibilities for production support.
- Understanding of monitoring technologies including various logging frameworks and tooling. Focused on logging, time-series, or machine-learning products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; Relevant industry experience can substitute.
- Knowledge of Platform Engineering and Understanding of architecture, application system design.
- Maintain and enhance monitoring framework (data collection, alert aggregation and improve alerting logic).
- Detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Programming languages and framework, with an ‘automation first” attitude.
- Combines deep technical expertise, systematic and rational root cause analysis to find opportunities to make things faster and better.
- Web Services
- Scripting Languages (Bash/Python/Perl)
- Splunk, Dynatrace, Elk/Kibana
- Load & performance testing tools (e.g. JMeter)
- VMWare, Unix, Citrix, Linux, Solaris, Windows, Open Stack etc.
- Good Understanding of Public Cloud offerings & Microservice architecture.
- Exposure to aiops would be a plus
Role/Strengths You’ll Need:
- Development: Enable creation and updating of logging standards to streamline dashboard creation and ensure usability of logging repository.
- Automation: Responsible for evaluating and implementing orchestration, automation, and tooling solutions to ensure consistent processes and repetitive tasks are performed with a higher level of accuracy and reduced defects.
- Operational Readiness: Responsible for availability, proactive monitoring / alerting, performance (reducing latency and improving efficiency) to include testing for technical platforms.
- Production Support: Ensure application data flows are accurate and up to date with the objective to increase the knowledge base of all support teams and drive reliability.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 26, 2021, 5:28:54 AM