The Global Experiential Marketing & Partnerships team oversees American Express’ experiential partners, programs, and platforms across 20+ external partners in the sports and entertainment landscape. This role sits within the Global Advertising and Brand Management division, which is responsible for driving demand for AmEx products and services by getting our world-class brand into the marketplace. Through our sponsorships, we typically receive ticketing assets that may be leveraged for internal use such as client/partner entertainment, colleague recognition and marketing/promotions.
The Sr. Manager of Enterprise Ticketing & Hospitality role will centrally program manage how the American Express Enterprise utilizes ticketing assets for internal purposes including the product management of ticketing technology platform, running operations and setting forth and maintaining the governance and principles surrounding the program. The ideal candidate is a relationship builder who is comfortable managing/driving strategy across levels and capable of overseeing a U.S. program and product with plans for global expansion.
Key responsibilities include: Overall program management of Ticketing & Hospitality governance, tech platform, and operations.
- Oversee enterprise guidelines and principles
- Manage reporting dashboard and data insights on a set cadence for senior management
- Provide stakeholder training & communication, including a monthly forum for Executive Offices
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationship & software, in partnership with Global Premium Products & Benefits team (GPPB)
- Oversee the tech/product roadmap for the Internal tool and drive definition of the future product requirements and integrations to support Internal needs
- Partner with the Digital Products team to build and test new features/functions and implement new markets, as approved
- Create central guidance and training support on user set up and onboarding
- Partner with inventory owners to determine ticket inventory by event (Sponsorships/Experiential teams, Chairman’s Office, and others). Will include strategic planning meetings, in some cases.
- Bespoke allocations across BUs, super admin approvals and any subsequent arbitrations required
- Manage physical and digital ticket distribution and fulfillment to BUs; trouble shoot and service any ticketing needs for events in partnership with the vendor and venues.
- Partner with Experiential team in the ticketing components of marquee events and hospitality packages
- Manage key venue relationships with Suites
- Preparing for a potential global expansion by providing leadership and expertise to BUs and Markets surrounding internal ticketing assets
- Maintaining and evolving the core documentation and implementation checklists for market by market rollouts
Minimum Qualifications - General Management
- Excellent project/program management, organizational and process/workflow skills
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills - proven ability to build relationships and influence across all levels of management. This position will involve the most senior roles at American Express.
- Experience in product management and understanding internal customer needs to drive product features/functions
- Strong detail orientation with ability to think “end-to-end”
- Ability to anticipate what’s around the corner to minimize issues or challenges
- Work well under pressure, be a flexible, collaborative team player and balance multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Change agent & strategic problem solver: provide strategic thought leadership, with an ability to learn quickly, “connect the dots”, innovate, and drive results
- Proficient in creating advanced level presentations and reporting dashboard for a broad range of audiences
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 8:20:08 PM