“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
The Enterprise Platforms Loyalty and Benefits organization is looking for a talented and experienced product owner to drive the transformation of Rewards for earn and bonusing within our global Card Member capabilities. These products support the Issuing Business growth and compliance needs with high stability and very high-volume transactions. The transformation will drive efficiency and improvements in agility, cost, innovation, and speed to market.
As a Senior Product Manager for SRE, you will develop the strategy & roadmap for POA Loyalty platform aka R42 and lead the execution of associated projects in partnership with engineering teams across GL&B. You have strong experience in Product Management, Site Reliability Engineering and Infrastructure, and you enjoy operating on quick iteration cycles while working with internal, but demanding customers and a multitude of stakeholders.
In partnership with the SRE team and focused on a core set of internal services your role is to understand how these systems are used inside of R42 Platform & what customer problems it solves. You will then identify opportunities and a long-term strategy to simplify and improve the reliability & day to day operations of these systems and also improve Service Continuity & Reliability across R42 domains. You will:
- Convey your vision through bold product roadmaps, working closely with product leaders, SRE engineers and software engineers, and participate in all levels of team planning.
- Prioritize our investments in comprehensive, generalized tooling and automation.
- Standardize services on supported libraries, infrastructure, and system designs.
- Work with consumers to evaluate and improve service operational maturity.
- Build robust understanding of loyalty and benefit domain as well as competitive landscape.
- Move products from new ideas to proof of concept and on to full featured scalable technology solutions.
- Build and actively manage a product backlog of features and capabilities that are groomed and prioritized in close collaboration with the business teams.
- Manage work allocation of scrum teams by translating features into prioritized user stories and also by tight coordination with other Product Owners
- Full participation in and support of agile practices and ceremonies to reinforce the agile transformation of the delivery team
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple teams in creating solutions to business needs.
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Product Management with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Proficient knowledge of Agile and Scrum development methodologies and IT project management
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to consult with various stakeholders and drive to optimal requirements
- Strong problem structuring and solving skills, reasoning, and implications development, combined with strong business acumen
- Project management skills: Ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Knowledge of Loyalty Programs and associated products is desirable.
- Proficient knowledge of Change Management practices.
- Adaptability when projects/initiatives need to deviate from original plans or shift direction based upon changing needs and priorities
- Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Bachelor’s (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 2:34:19 PM