You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You will work in a highly dynamic and exciting environment and will have the opportunity to shape strategies and policies for American Express products and services. You will play an influential role working closely with colleagues in other Risk Management teams, Marketing, Finance, Servicing, Legal, Compliance, Banking, and Technology to create world-class strategies and capabilities.
The role within Credit and Fraud Risk (CFR) Operational Excellence (OE) team is part of American Express’ first line of defense and is responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategies enabling sustainable growth and best-in-class customer experience while maintaining an effective and efficient control environment and responding with discipline to operational breakdowns. The team is also responsible for comprehensive implementation of the Operational Risk Management framework adopted by the company and consisting of several core components including governance, forward-looking risk assessment, business and environment internal control factors, reporting and monitoring across CFR globally. The CFR OE team has a global remit with teams in New York, Phoenix, and Gurgaon. This role will be a critical part of the CFR OE team located in New York/Phoenix.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and continuously enhance policies, processes, and controls for mitigating credit risk exposure and preventing fraud.
- Maintain an effective control environment and respond to operational breakdowns with discipline.
- Partnering closely with CFR colleagues to identify process improvements and implement prevention strategies to strengthen the control environment and mitigate operational risk.
- Design customer communication and servicing strategies to support risk management strategies, ensuring a positive experience across every customer touchpoint
- Collaborate with partners to promote an effective risk management culture by proactively identifying areas of operational risk across processes and capabilities.
- Partner with other teams across the company to standardize methodologies
- Advanced degree (e.g., MS, PhD, or MBA) in a quantitative field such as Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Advanced degree is preferred but not required given a suitable combination of formal education and work experience
- Credit/Fraud risk management experience and understanding of credit lifecycle is preferred.
- Ability to handle large datasets using SAS, SQL, R, Python or another similar programming language
- Operational Risk knowledge and/or background is a plus.
- Prior experience in process reengineering background is a plus.
- Ability to think strategically and apply both quantitative methods and business insights to drive results.
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Clear, effective written and oral communication skills and ability to influence across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build strong relationships in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and collaboration skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 2:01:45 PM