The U.S. Consumer Marketing Services team (“CMS”) manages marketing on behalf of American Express in the U.S. consumer market with a focus on making membership essential to our customers. This includes acquiring new customers and marketing to existing Card Members.
The US Customer Growth Marketing Team, within the Consumer Marketing Services group, strives to deliver marketing on behalf of the enterprise that makes American Express essential to our Card Members; specifically, responsible for driving revenue growth from existing customers through programs that stimulate spend and lend, while ensuring we retain our best customers.
This Senior Analyst, Customer Growth Direct Marketing, will help lead charge developing and enhancing marketing strategies through the email & direct mail channels. Leveraging a variety of proven marketing programs, the Senior Analyst will work with colleagues both inside and outside the organization to:
- Develop compelling marketing creatives
- Optimize customer targeting strategies
- Analyze complex campaign performance data
- Manage large investment allocations
- Ensure flawless operational execution
This role presents an exciting opportunity for a high performing candidate who wants to build channel-specific strategy expertise in the Email and Direct Marketing channels, learn about our core product offerings, and continuously innovate on how we connect with customers.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for customer marketing; be comfortable challenging the status quo with innovative thinking; have experience with analyzing campaign performance data; and be able to collaborate effectively with key partners around the enterprise including Product Management, Risk, Global Advertising and Brand Management, Legal, and Enterprise Digital & Analytics.
- Partner closely with creative agencies to develop impactful and compelling marketing creatives
- Take ownerships of flawless end-to-end campaign execution. This includes coordinating timelines with partners across the enterprise to ensure that campaigns are set up correctly, deploy on-time, and any issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Analyze and provide commentary on campaign results to refine marketing test plans and inform future marketing strategies
- Accurately forecast future campaign results leveraging historical data and broader market trends
- Design experiments and test-and-learn strategies to ensure that campaigns continuously provide insights into campaign effectiveness and consumer behavior
- Keep abreast of trends and new developments within the consumer marketing landscape and provide regular updates on competitor activity
1-2 years of Marketing experience preferred
Email, Direct Mail, Digital or E-Commerce marketing experience a plus
Strong organizational skills with relentless attention to detail
Ability to influence and work well with external and cross-functional partners
Passion for customer-centric experiences and communications
Comfortable managing complex data and proven ability to derive insights from it
Innovative, creative thinker and ability to think outside the box
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Adept at building and leveraging relationships
Experience working with and managing external design agencies
Strong knowledge of marketing processes and campaign execution
Positive attitude and commitment to success
Desire to have fun and work on a fast-paced, high performing team
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
Location(s): New York, NY
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 9:15:48 AM