“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
You won’t just shape the world of software.
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices.
- Perform hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems.
- Own all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications.
- Work closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products.
- Drive consistent development practices with respect to tools, common components, and documentation.
- Work on API specs, automation, and conduct code reviews and testing.
- Perform ongoing refactoring of code, utilize visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
- Keeps up to date on current research and technology in the industry.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, full stack web development, microservices and building REST APIs in Java.
- Proven change management experience with digital re-engineering initiatives.
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects iteratively and reliably.
- Experience in Spring Batch, schedulers.
- Experience in one or more of the following: One Amex stack, One Data, One Stream.
- Experience in relational databases like PostgreSQL and DB2.
- Experience in building component-based applications with modern frontend frameworks, such as React.
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery /Continuous Testing (CI/CD/CT).
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems.
Additional Skills Highly Valued: Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Batch, Redis, Elastic Search, Kibana, Mockito, Couchbase, Postgres, DB2, HashiCorp Vault, REST API’s, Jenkins, Git, Sonar Cube, Openshift Cloud, Mainframe (hands on)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2021, 4:30:45 PM