“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
You’ll be expected to work with several Technology partners, and Product Managers to help actively identify areas of opportunity within the availability platform and build a vision for the next generation platform, technology and constant innovations. In addition, you will engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects. You will be responsible for opening up the boundaries in monitoring, tooling, and resolving in our efforts to maximize the performance and availability of our mobile applications.
You should be familiar with modern Software Development methodologies and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity. Make no mistake - this is an opportunity to work in one of the best Technology units which help lead risk for American Express and influence how millions of people interact with their cards, their merchants and their money.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent 3-5 years of work experience
- ·Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Detailed understanding of application flows, proactive monitoring needs of production systems
- In-depth knowledge of ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, Problem Management and support procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners and technology teams
- Very strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills with the ability to resolve infrastructure (cloud) and application issues in a production environment
- Direct application monitoring and work towards implementing automated monitoring scripts
- Strong knowledge and experience with Splunk, Kibana, or similar log analysis and querying tools - writing queries, building dashboards, configuring alerts, and reports
- Strong knowledge and experience with Linux and scripting languages utilizing solid coding practices (code re-use, functions, comments) – Python, Perl and Shell
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and dedication to deadlines
- Experience in development/support experience with Java, Kotlin, or Swift
- Experience in development and maintenance of iOS and Android apps
- Experience on integration and usage of Mobile APM tools like Fabric, Sentry, Dynatrace, MixPanel, App Dynamics etc. to analyze mobile app crashes preferred
- Experience in Reliability space and tools
- Experience in building dashboard and tools
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working with Jenkins and any open source CICD tools, network load balancers such as Big IP f5 and design/development of iRules.
- Experience on modern databases (Redis, Couchbase, etc)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 2:21:07 PM