“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic newly formed Machine Learning team of high performers that is looking to build the next generation platform for democratizing Machine Learning in Amex on the Cloud. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap.
As a Full Stack Engineer in our Machine Learning team you will be responsible for creating and delivering technical solutions and capabilities on the platform to support our entire ML-driven application portfolio across the enterprise. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. The successful candidate will play a key role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with peers and technology partners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across through cognitive solutions, this would be the right fit for you!
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable cross platform components, front-end libraries and back end API's for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Writing code and unit tests for key framework and foundation components in all aspects of technology and automation.
- More than 50%+ of the time spent on coding and/or hands-on technical implementation of re-usable frameworks to drive adoption of Machine Learning in Amex
At least 5+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline.
- Knowledge of Accessibility and Web Standards
- Experience with both Responsive and Adaptive Web Design
- Experience with using design language systems or similar
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, yarn, etc.
- Deep understanding of REST principle as a provider and consumer.
- Strong experience with any NSQL databases (CouchBase and Cassandra is preferable)
- Deep understanding of security integrations – Okta, mTLS, SSO, HashiCorop Vault etc.
- Deep understanding of API Gateways and their functions.
- Nice to have experience with any of the Container Orchestration technologies – Kubernetes, Helm, Openshift etc.
- Deep understanding of CI/CD process and tools like – Git, Docker, Jenkins, XL Release etc.
- Good understanding of Infrastructure automation using Ansible, Containers, monitoring tools, Logging analytic tools, Firewalls & Security policies
- Experience with Dev Ops automated testing tools such Sauce labs, Sonarqube, TestNg, UFT, Selenium, SoapUI, etc.
- Successful track record of developing middleware solutions, with a strong focus on code quality, unit testing, integration testing, code quality analysis tools and API (Swagger) documentation.
- Experience with messaging systems like Solace, Kafka, JMS, etc.
- Experience with consuming data from services and data streams
- Experience in public cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to perform benchmarking and optimization
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Excellent data presentation and visualization skills
- Exposure and up to date with industry reference of tech trend and solutions.
- Great attitude and willingness to learn new technology and ability to come up to speed quickly in order to exploit them to their optimal potential
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 4:40:19 PM