You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Global Payments Network SRE Capabilities team is seeking an Engineer III. The selected candidate will be responsible for contributing to the design, build, and support of internally developed products used to perform self-healing, monitoring, and enhanced resiliency for the company's most critical platforms. Opportunities include contributing to our maching learning (anomaly detection) and correlation solutions, development of tools used by operational teams to manage SRE processes, and development of chaos testing capabilities. We are looking for candidates who are excited to learn the technologies below. If research, engineering, and tinkering are your hobbies, you may be our ideal candidate!
The successful candidate will have an interest and experience in the following areas:
• OOP best practices
• Proficient in .NET Core or Java
• Experience and a desire to work within Python and Go
• Object modeling frameworks (Hibernate, Entity Framework)
• MVC software design pattern (and MVC frameworks)
• Networked applications
• Understanding of parallel processing and distributed systems
• Error handling and reporting
• Code styling and version control
• SQL / Couchbase (NoSQL)
• Database maintenance & management
• ReactJS / Redux
• CSS/HTML frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap)
• Security best practices (CSRF, XSS, SQL injection, validation/sanitation, etc)
• UI design
• RESTful services
• Understanding of the differences in browsers and how to work around them
• Bachelors in CS or related field
• Software testing
• Development tools (Git, Jira, Bit Bucket, Jenkins, Selenium, Visual Studio, Sublime, etc)
• Linux / Windows administration
• Understanding of big data concepts and open source ecosystems
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2021, 1:13:08 PM