American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Manager/Senior Manager-level opportunities in the New York, Phoenix, and Salt Lake City.
FINANCE MANAGER - CFL
Why Work in Finance at American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community.
At the center of American Express and all key business decisions is Finance. Finance provides decision support, funding and meaningful analytics that help grow our business and uphold our reputation as one of the premier finance organizations in the world.
Whether you’re working with a business unit focused on the consumers, small businesses or major corporations, you’ll have the opportunity and resources available to make an impact.
Finance is at the center of all key decisions that help grow our business and uphold our reputation as one of the premier finance organizations in the world. Whether you’re working with a business unit focused on the consumers, small businesses or major corporations, you’ll have the opportunity and resources available to make an impact.
What Type of Work Will I Do:
- Develop Executive Committee presentation content with key insights for senior leaders
- Prepare and develop CFO presentations given to the American Express (AXP) Board of Directors
- Participate in the development of quarter-end AXP results presentations and supporting materials for the Federal Reserve Bank
- Perform ad-hoc, deep-dive analyses and scenario modeling to help better inform senior leaders of AXP’s current or expected performance
- Provide other ad-hoc analytical support in preparation of internal and external meetings for key finance leaders
Some of the Finance functions within American Express include:
- Corporate Planning & Analysis: "We Keep the Train on the Tracks" Provides visibility into AMEX’s past and future financial performance and drives decisions that enable the Company to achieve its stated financial objectives. Leads, coordinates and executes the key business–planning processes and related analytics across American Express. Focuses on process improvement through technology and best practices.
- Business Unit CFO Group: "Decision Drivers for AMEX"
Plays key role in driving decisions for AMEX through leadership and financial analysis to all of the revenue generating business units and key operational groups at AMEX.
- Controllership: "You Can Count on Us"
Collaborates globally to deliver expert accounting, reporting and advisory services, and financial risk control and governance, while supporting business growth and protecting shareholder value.
- Global Treasury: "We Move the Money"
Leads AMEX's capital assessment processes and manages the capital distribution strategies through dividends & share repurchases and liquidity to ensure that cash is in the right place, in the right currency, at the right time.
- Corporate Development: "We Do the Deals"
Executes strategically relevant and financially sound transactions that enhance profitability, supplement growth, and optimizes AMEX’s use of capital. Partners at the corporate and business unit levels to drive strategic growth.
- Investor Relations: "We Shape the AMEX Story"
Provides the investment community with information about AMEX's strategies, objectives and performance. IR maximizes the fair valuation of AMEX and its access to capital markets.
What Background / Experiences Are We Looking For:
- A minimum of three years of progressive finance or related experience; preferably within a financial services environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel and PowerPoint; TM1 and SQL knowledge preferred
- Ability to synthesize complex data into coherent presentations for cross-functional senior leaders
- Ability to drive and leverage relationships across the organization
- Proven ability to drive results under strict deadlines
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2021, 7:57:37 PM