Sr. Manager - Product Development, Credit and Fraud Risk Management – Debit & Banking
At American Express we are passionate about providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. Amex’s Risk Management capabilities are at the core of delivering the outstanding customer experience while handling credit and fraud losses at lowest levels in the industry. With our mix of assets like closed-loop data, machine learning models, underwriting techniques on a modern technology stack we are re-imagining how payment experiences & risk management converge in a more modern, digital and connected world.
In order to deliver on the vision, the Credit and Fraud Risk Capabilities (CFRC) team is driving the roadmap for new banking risk capabilities to enable the launch of several new banking products over the next couple of years. We are looking for a talented hard-working individual who will drive Product development and delivery of various business capabilities to support risk management for banking products including all stages of Onboarding, Money Movement and Debit card etc.
You will play an influential role working closely with partners in other Risk teams, Marketing, Finance, Global Servicing Network, Legal/Compliance, Banking, and Technologies to create world-class strategies and capabilities. This is a Risk Strategy & technology facing role defining software product vision, ensuring flexible and global system/capability design, grooming user stories, prioritizing work for scrum teams using program increments.
This is an exciting and critical role that will help drive the future roadmap of the global capabilities for enabling outstanding customer experience in banking and payments domain. You’ll work among robust design, product and engineering teams. We are looking for someone who is deeply inquisitive, enjoys creative problem solving, is detail-oriented, and has an entrepreneurial background to focus on driving results, platform performance and high availability.
- Translate needs of business owners/stakeholders and deliver on the Product roadmap.
- Interact with business strategy partners, product managers and engineers to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems with a common future vision.
- Identify opportunities and drive product strategy, roadmap, business capabilities and features.
- Lead the business features grooming into software product/capability features and stories.
- Brainstorm and negotiate effectively with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority.
- Partner with other functional teams across the Risk and Non-Risk groups to use standard methodologies and ensure a positive customer experience throughout the customer journey.
- Lead the product functional design and technical design based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology.
- Define the data flow within and across systems along with integration patterns.
- Develop and maintain conceptual and logical data models for internal system and APIs.
- Write stories, acceptance criteria and own the product backlog for scrum teams, perform all scrum ceremonies with scrum team.
- Agile mindset and transformation champion to manage the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution via scrum teams.
- Ruthlessly prioritize engineering work and balance the requirements of customers and stakeholders.
- Evangelize the product both internally and externally and shepherd products through the development process, advocating to achieve the best outcomes.
- Enable data and analytics-driven decision making to evolve products and usage.